Senior backend web developer - doodle.com
Doodle.com is the world’s favorite online scheduling tool with over 25 million monthly users around the globe. People use Doodle to plan everything from dinners with friends and family gatherings to business meetings. We want even more get-togethers to be organised with Doodle and are therefore looking to expand our team with:
Senior backend web developer(s)
- Your main responsibility will be the backbone of the application. This includes business logic for new features, providing APIs and orchestrating services among others.
- You will also work on front-end tasks as well, when possible. We are a group of generalists which gives you the opportunity to contribute to our full-stack (more information about it here and here), depending on your skill set.
☑ are a young, small, international team composed of 12 engineers from 6 nationalities.
☑ offer one of the coolest offices in Zurich.
☑ are passionate about what we do, sometimes even too much :)
☐ You enjoy working in a small, dynamic team and the flexibility this brings.
☐ You are able to solve problems individually and assume responsibilities.
☐ You have a degree in computer science or relevant work experience.
☐ You have built and maintained a web application or other commercial software product in the past.
☐ You know your way around Java and the JVM
Knowledge in the following fields is a plus:
☐ databases, in particular NoSQL
☐ testing/QA and test-driven development
Do you check the boxes above?
Awesome! We would like to get to know you.
- No shortcuts in tools, fancy a 13'' or 15'' Macbook Pro? You got it!
- Home-office and remote work friendly, matched with flexible working hours. We don't track time, we trust our people.
- Lots of team activities and perks: "beer evenings", yearly retreats, hackathons.
- Personal, yearly budget for educational courses, conferences etc.
- Sunny, open offices in central locations in Zurich, Berlin & Tel Aviv. Yes, you get to travel there too!